As I held her yesterday, I watched her as she stared cross eyed into space. She followed a pattern: she would be silent, waiting for someone to make a funny noise, then she would laugh and make funny noises back. She got so excited that she would grin so hard she shook.
I was wearing a black and white polka dotted blouse the day I meet her, and as I held her she would grab my blouse and pull her head close to it. Consequently bringing the fabric into her range of vision. When she saw the strange patterns on the fabric she would laugh and scream from excitement. She continually did that over and over. Pulling her face close to my shirt. Pulling away from it and laughing. Then repeating again.
Eventually she moved on to my hair. It was so fascinating that she decided she would taste it. That didn't turn out well but at least she knows what strawberry blonde hair tastes like. I bet not a lot of people do.
Even though she couldn't see well, she was not lost. She knew where she was and who she wanted to be held by. She still had a personality like no other. She loves being upside down and she loves polka dots.
14 month old Morigan taught me a lesson yesterday. She taught me that even in our trials we can still grow and progress. Her eye sight may not progress, but she will still be able to progress in many other ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment